America Movil not in talks with Telecom Italia shareholders -CFO
MEXICO CITY, Sept 5
MEXICO CITY, Sept 5 (Reuters) - Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim's America Movil is not in talks with shareholders of Telecom Italia regarding any share purchases, a top executive at the Mexican company said on Thursday.
Trading in Telecom Italia shares was suspended after surging on takeover speculation on Thursday. Egyptian tycoon Naguib Sawiris, AT&T Inc and America Movil have all made contact with current shareholders in the heavily indebted telecom group, a source told Reuters.
"I can categorically deny that," America Movil chief financial officer Carlos Garcia Moreno told Reuters in a telephone interview when asked about the speculation. "We have not had any contact."
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |