America Movil not in talks with Telecom Italia shareholders -CFO
MEXICO CITY, Sept 5
MEXICO CITY, Sept 5 (Reuters) - Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim's America Movil is not in talks with shareholders of Telecom Italia regarding any share purchases, a top executive at the Mexican company said on Thursday.
Trading in Telecom Italia shares was suspended after surging on takeover speculation on Thursday. Egyptian tycoon Naguib Sawiris, AT&T Inc and America Movil have all made contact with current shareholders in the heavily indebted telecom group, a source told Reuters.
"I can categorically deny that," America Movil chief financial officer Carlos Garcia Moreno told Reuters in a telephone interview when asked about the speculation. "We have not had any contact."
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols