Boeing: China needs 5,580 new aircraft over next 20 years
BEIJING (Reuters) - China will need 5,580 commercial aircraft worth some $780 billion over the next 20 years, according to a statement released by Boeing Co (BA.N) on Thursday.
Tourism in China and within Asia travel will drive the need for single-aisle airplanes, Randy Tinseth, vice president of marketing for Boeing Commercial Airplanes, is quoted as saying in the statement, released at a company event in Beijing.
Deliveries in that segment will total 3,900 by 2032, Boeing said.
(Reporting by Fang Yan and Matt Miller)
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- UPDATE 4-Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Putin warns of consequences |
- Obama reaffirms commitment to Japan on tour of Asia allies