Egypt minister says attack just 'the beginning'
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt's interior minister said a bomb attack on his convoy on Thursday was "not the end but the beginning" of a new wave of terrorism, but that the authorities would win out.
Responding to a question on whether the attack marked the start of "a new wave of terrorism", Mohamed Ibrahim said: "What happened today is not the end but the beginning".
He added that citizens needed to take care.
(Reporting by Ali Abdelatti; Writing by Tom Perry; Editing by Kevin Liffey)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone