RPT-Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
Sept 6 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Friday:
* Egyptian tycoon Naguib Sawiris and U.S. telecoms group AT&T have contacted the core investors who want to sell their shares in Telecom Italia, a source close to the situation said.
* Spain's La Caixa financial group is finalising the sale of a majority stake in its Servihabitat property firm to U.S. private investment company TPG for 185 million euros ($244 million), a source close to the deal said on Thursday.
* Singapore's sovereign wealth fund GIC and U.S. private equity group Blackstone are each set to buy 30 percent stakes in Goldman Sachs Group Inc's British pensions insurance operation, Rothesay Life, the Financial Times reported on Thursday, citing people familiar with the matter.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls