US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St ends nearly flat; Syria concern lingers
NEW YORK, Sept 6
NEW YORK, Sept 6 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks closed little changed in choppy trade on Friday after labor market data was weaker than expected and concern remained about possible military action by the West against Syria.
Based on the latest available data, the Dow Jones industrial average was down 14.90 points, or 0.10 percent, at 14,922.58. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 0.07 points, or 0.00 percent, at 1,655.15. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 1.23 points, or 0.03 percent, at 3,660.01.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image