US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St ends nearly flat; Syria concern lingers
NEW YORK, Sept 6
NEW YORK, Sept 6 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks closed little changed in choppy trade on Friday after labor market data was weaker than expected and concern remained about possible military action by the West against Syria.
Based on the latest available data, the Dow Jones industrial average was down 14.90 points, or 0.10 percent, at 14,922.58. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 0.07 points, or 0.00 percent, at 1,655.15. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 1.23 points, or 0.03 percent, at 3,660.01.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine