Tropical storm a certainty off Mexico -NHC
A low pressure area near Tampico, Mexico, now has a 100 percent chance of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said in its latest bulletin.
A tropical depression advisory will be issued in the next hour or two, the NHC said.
In its previous advisory, the NHC said the system had a 20 percent chance of becoming a tropical cyclone. (Reporting by Arpan Varghese in Bangalore; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |