Tropical storm a certainty off Mexico: NHC
(Reuters) - A low pressure area near Tampico, Mexico, now has a 100 percent chance of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said in its latest bulletin.
A tropical depression advisory will be issued in the next hour or two, the NHC said.
In its previous advisory, the NHC said the system had a 20 percent chance of becoming a tropical cyclone.
(Reporting by Arpan Varghese in Bangalore; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'