Madrid out of race to stage 2020 Games; Tokyo, Istanbul remain
BUENOS AIRES (Reuters) - Madrid was eliminated in the first round of voting to decide the host of the 2020 summer Olympic Games, leaving Tokyo and Istanbul to battle it out in a final round of voting.
The International Olympic Committee will announce the winning city later on Saturday.
(email@example.com; +65 68703833; Reuters Messaging: firstname.lastname@example.org. . Twitter: @ossianshine)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea