Kerry welcomes 'strong' EU statement on Syria
VILNIUS (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry welcomed a European Union statement on Saturday that said there appeared to be strong evidence that the Syrian government carried out a chemical attack on civilians in August.
"We are very grateful for the statement that came out of the meeting today with respect to Syria -- a strong statement about the need for accountability," Kerry said after meeting EU foreign ministers in the Lithuanian capital Vilnius.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.