Djokovic rallies to defeat Wawrinka in five sets
NEW YORK (Reuters) - NEW YORK, Sept 7
NEW YORK (Reuters) - NEW YORK, Sept 7 (Reuters) - World number one Novak Djokovic of Serbia fought back to defeat Swiss ninth seed Stanislas Wawrinka in a gruelling five sets in the U.S. Open semi-finals on Saturday.
Djokovic prevailed 2-6 7-6(4) 3-6 6-3 6-4 to set up a Monday meeting against either Spaniard Rafa Nadal or Richard Gasquet of France for the men's singles title.
(Reporting by Larry Fine, Editing by Gene Cherry)
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East