South Africa's Harmony reaches wage deal, ending gold sector strike
JOHANNESBURG, Sept 8
JOHANNESBURG, Sept 8 (Reuters) - South Africa's Harmony Gold has reached an agreement with striking employees and hopes that operations will return to normal this week, a spokeswoman said on Sunday.
This brings to an end the gold industry strike which started on Tuesday night. Workers at other gold majors like AngloGold Ashanti and Sibanye Gold returned to work on Friday after accepting the industry offer of an increase of between 7.5 and 8 percent. (Reporting by Sherilee Lakmidas; Editing by Sonya Hepinstall)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai