Volkswagen unit Audi sees August sales rise 10 percent
FRANKFURT, Sept 9
FRANKFURT, Sept 9 (Reuters) - Volkswagen's premium brand Audi said it had sold more than a million vehicles in the first eight months of the year, a 7.2 percent increase compared with the year-earlier period, driven by a 20 percent jump in volumes in China.
In August, sales rose 9.8 percent to 118,650 vehicles thanks to a 21.5 percent sales rise in the U.S., where demand for the A6 and A7 and clean diesel engines helped to drive sales.
Audi said it was on track for reaching its target of achieving 1.5 million deliveries by year end, thanks to double digit sales growth in North America and Asia-Pacific. (Reporting by Edward Taylor)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed