Volkswagen unit Audi sees August sales rise 10 percent
FRANKFURT, Sept 9
FRANKFURT, Sept 9 (Reuters) - Volkswagen's premium brand Audi said it had sold more than a million vehicles in the first eight months of the year, a 7.2 percent increase compared with the year-earlier period, driven by a 20 percent jump in volumes in China.
In August, sales rose 9.8 percent to 118,650 vehicles thanks to a 21.5 percent sales rise in the U.S., where demand for the A6 and A7 and clean diesel engines helped to drive sales.
Audi said it was on track for reaching its target of achieving 1.5 million deliveries by year end, thanks to double digit sales growth in North America and Asia-Pacific. (Reporting by Edward Taylor)
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |