BMW mulls building additional factory outside Europe - paper
FRANKFURT, Sept 9
FRANKFURT, Sept 9 (Reuters) - German carmaker BMW may build an additional factory outside of Europe, Chief Executive Norbert Reithofer told the Sueddeutsche Zeitung newspaper on Monday.
BMW needs to think about where this factory would be located, Reithofer said, adding that BMW already has plans to build a plant in Brazil.
BMW has built a factory in China and is expanding production capacity at its U.S. factory in Spartanburg, Reithofer told the paper. (Reporting by Edward Taylor; Editing by Mark Potter)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |