Comcast unit names TV exec Shell to run Universal film group
LOS ANGELES, Sept 9
LOS ANGELES, Sept 9 (Reuters) - Comcast Corp elevated NBCUniversal TV executive Jeff Shell to chairman of the Universal Filmed Entertainment Group, replacing Ron Meyer who is moving into a more senior job at the media giant, the company said on Monday.
Meyer was named vice chairman of NBCUniversal and has signed a contract extension through 2017, the company said in a statement. Donna Langley will replace Adam Fogelson as chairman of Universal Pictures. Fogelson has decided to leave the company, according to the statement from Universal.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image