S.Korea fin min: had impression Fed tapering nearing
SEOUL, Sept 9
SEOUL, Sept 9 (Reuters) - South Korea's finance minister said on Monday he had an impression from discussion around the last week's G20 summit that the U.S. Federal Reserve was very close to beginning to reduce its stimulus programme.
"One thing that was different from the past was that (U.S. officials) were very confident about the U.S. economy," Minister Hyun Oh-seok told reporters. "In other words, I can say from the impression that 'tapering' has become close."
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Teenager dies on Atlanta-bound flight, plane diverted
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal