S.Korea fin min: had impression Fed tapering nearing
SEOUL, Sept 9
SEOUL, Sept 9 (Reuters) - South Korea's finance minister said on Monday he had an impression from discussion around the last week's G20 summit that the U.S. Federal Reserve was very close to beginning to reduce its stimulus programme.
"One thing that was different from the past was that (U.S. officials) were very confident about the U.S. economy," Minister Hyun Oh-seok told reporters. "In other words, I can say from the impression that 'tapering' has become close."
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa, world mourn 'giant for justice' Mandela |
- Key U.S. lawmakers urge China to back off on air defense zone
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Decaying steel town gets movie star turn in 'Out of the Furnace'