S.Korea fin min: had impression Fed tapering nearing
SEOUL, Sept 9
SEOUL, Sept 9 (Reuters) - South Korea's finance minister said on Monday he had an impression from discussion around the last week's G20 summit that the U.S. Federal Reserve was very close to beginning to reduce its stimulus programme.
"One thing that was different from the past was that (U.S. officials) were very confident about the U.S. economy," Minister Hyun Oh-seok told reporters. "In other words, I can say from the impression that 'tapering' has become close."
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols