Norway's PM Stoltenberg admits election defeat, to resign
OSLO, Sept 9
OSLO, Sept 9 (Reuters) - Norwegian Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg acknowledged defeat in parliamentary elections on Monday and said he would resign after presenting the budget on October 14.
An official projection of the result, with 57 percent of the vote counted, showed that the opposition Conservative Party and its allies would win a majority with 97 seats in the 169-member parliament. (Reporting by Terje Solsvik; Editing by Alister Doyle)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections