PetroChina says shares to resume trading in afternoon
SHANGHAI, Sept 9
SHANGHAI, Sept 9 (Reuters) - Trading in shares of Chinese oil producer PetroChina Co Ltd will resume in the afternoon after a brief suspension, the firm said on Monday.
The shares were suspended after a media report said company director Wang Guoliang and vice president Sun Longde were being investigated. PetroChina said the report was inaccurate.
"Wang Guoliang and Sun Longde are still working in their respective positions," PetroChina said.
The China Business News reported on Monday that five executives, including Sun and Wang, had been detained, citing an unidentified source within the company. (Reporting by Fayen Wong. Editing by Dean Yates)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections