Russian car sales down 10 pct in August - AEB
MOSCOW, Sept 9
MOSCOW, Sept 9 (Reuters) - Russian car sales declined for a sixth straight month in August, down 10 percent year-on-year, the Association of European Businesses (AEB) said on Monday, after a fall of eight percent the previous month.
AEB said 231,915 units were sold in August. Sales of new cars and light commercial vehicles declined 7 percent in January-August overall, compared to the same period last year.
The AEB in June cut its sales prediction for 2013 following months of falling sales.
Western carmakers including General Motors, Ford , Renault and Fiat have invested heavily in Russia.
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Rescuers seek survivors of NY building collapse; seven dead
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |