Syria seeking 135,000 tonnes white rice
ABU DHABI, Sept 9
ABU DHABI, Sept 9 (Reuters) - A Syrian state purchasing agency said on Monday it was seeking 135,000 tonnes of white short grain rice after failing to make a purchase in a tender that closed on Aug. 25.
The General Foreign Trade Organisation (GFTO) said it was now seeking the same quantity of rice with a deadline of Oct. 9.
The tender document stated the GFTO was seeking the rice, "due to extreme urgency". (Reporting by Maha El Dahan; editing by Jason Neely)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Signer says suffered schizophrenic episode at Mandela memorial |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA