Tropical Storm Humberto forms south of Cape Verde: NHC
(Reuters) - Tropical Storm Humberto, the eighth named storm of the Atlantic hurricane season, has formed south of the Cape Verde Islands, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said in its latest advisory.
Humberto, located 145 miles southeast of the southernmost Cape Verde Islands, was packing maximum sustained winds of 40 miles per hour (65 km/h) and moving towards the west at 12 mph (19 km/h), the NHC said.
(Reporting by Arpan Varghese in Bangalore; editing by Tom Pfeiffer)
- Obama unveils U.S. immigration reform, setting up fight with Republicans |
- More arrests as protesters await Ferguson grand jury decision
- Exclusive: U.S. increasing non-lethal military aid to Ukraine
- Henrik Fisker is back with a souped up Mustang
- Russia warns U.S. against arms to Ukraine as Biden due in Kiev