Obama says discussed with Putin idea of diplomatic solution on Syria
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama discussed a potential diplomatic solution on Syria with Russian President Vladimir Putin last week when the two leaders discussed the crisis at the G20 summit, Obama told PBS NewsHour in an interview on Monday.
"I did have those conversations. And this is a continuation of conversations I've had with President Putin for quite some time," Obama said in the interview, one of six he gave to major U.S. television networks.
(Reporting by Roberta Rampton, Steve Holland, Mark Felsenthal)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans