Kerry, Russian foreign minister discuss Syria chemical weapons
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Secretary of State John Kerry and Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov discussed Syria's chemical weapons in a phone call on Monday, a State Department spokeswoman said.
The call came after Russia proposed that Syria put its chemical weapons stock under international control to try to avert potential U.S. military strikes over a gas attack.
- Search planes find no sign of missing airliner at spot located by China |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- Malaysia failing credibility test as flight confusion deepens
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Vietnam search fruitless at site where China satellite detected suspected plane debris - witness