Kerry, Russian foreign minister discuss Syria chemical weapons
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Secretary of State John Kerry and Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov discussed Syria's chemical weapons in a phone call on Monday, a State Department spokeswoman said.
The call came after Russia proposed that Syria put its chemical weapons stock under international control to try to avert potential U.S. military strikes over a gas attack.
(Reporting By Warren Strobel; Editing by Alistair Bell and Jackie Frank)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter