U.S. to look at Russian proposal on Syria but skeptical
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States will take a hard look at a Russian proposal to put Syrian chemical weapons under international control, but it is skeptical, the State Department said on Monday.
"We'll have to take a hard look at the Russian statement ... so we understand exactly what the Russians are proposing here," State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf said. "Clearly we have some serious skepticism," she said.
(Reporting by Warren Strobel; Editing by Eric Beech)
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |