RPT-Vodafone may fail to clinch Kabel Deutschland -paper
FRANKFURT, Sept 9 (Reuters) - Vodafone may fail to reach the 75 percent threshold of acceptances from shareholders needed to clinch Germany's largest cable operator Kabel Deutschland, the Financial Times said on Monday.
"Some of Kabel Deutschland's shareholders believe that the amount of tenders offered will fall well short of this goal," the paper said, citing anonymous shareholders.
Shareholders need to tender their stock by Wednesday.
In June, Vodafone launched a 7.7 billion euro ($10.13 billion) offer for Kabel Deutschland, a near 40 percent premium to Kabel's share price before its interest first emerged.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Student opens fire at Colorado high school, wounds two classmates
- Man arrested for suspected suicide plot to blow up Kansas airport |
- Storm to cloak Midwest to Northeast in snow, freezing rain