Daimler CEO: likely positive decision on Brazil plant this year
FRANKFURT, Sept 10
FRANKFURT, Sept 10 (Reuters) - Daimler will make a decision on whether to build a Mercedes plant in Brazil this year, Chief Executive Dieter Zetsche said at the Frankfurt car show on Tuesday.
"It's difficult to grow in Brazil just on imports alone. We will take a decision within this year, with a positive outcome being likely," he said.
The plant would be able to produce tens of thousands of Mercedes cars each year and could come on stream within three years, he added. (Reporting by Christiaan Hetzner; Writing by Victoria Bryan; Editing by Maria Sheahan)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |