Daimler CEO: likely positive decision on Brazil plant this year
FRANKFURT, Sept 10
FRANKFURT, Sept 10 (Reuters) - Daimler will make a decision on whether to build a Mercedes plant in Brazil this year, Chief Executive Dieter Zetsche said at the Frankfurt car show on Tuesday.
"It's difficult to grow in Brazil just on imports alone. We will take a decision within this year, with a positive outcome being likely," he said.
The plant would be able to produce tens of thousands of Mercedes cars each year and could come on stream within three years, he added. (Reporting by Christiaan Hetzner; Writing by Victoria Bryan; Editing by Maria Sheahan)
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Gaza toll nears 100, Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Texas mass murder suspect collapses in court as crime recounted
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- British 'Harry Potter' actor David Legeno found dead in U.S. park