Daimler CEO: likely positive decision on Brazil plant this year
FRANKFURT, Sept 10
FRANKFURT, Sept 10 (Reuters) - Daimler will make a decision on whether to build a Mercedes plant in Brazil this year, Chief Executive Dieter Zetsche said at the Frankfurt car show on Tuesday.
"It's difficult to grow in Brazil just on imports alone. We will take a decision within this year, with a positive outcome being likely," he said.
The plant would be able to produce tens of thousands of Mercedes cars each year and could come on stream within three years, he added. (Reporting by Christiaan Hetzner; Writing by Victoria Bryan; Editing by Maria Sheahan)
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- EU threatens Russia with more sanctions, but words ring hollow