Daimler: No need for German-style works council at U.S. plant
FRANKFURT, Sept 10
FRANKFURT, Sept 10 (Reuters) - Daimler sees no need for a German-style works council at its U.S. plant in Tuscaloosa, the production chief for the carmaker's Mercedes brand said on Tuesday.
"We just don't need it," Andreas Renschler told journalists at the Frankfurt auto show.
Renschler added that while he was "no fan" of the idea, management would remain neutral and leave the decision to workers whether to organise themselves.
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane