VW eyes sales of 9.5 million cars in 2013
FRANKFURT, Sept 10
FRANKFURT, Sept 10 (Reuters) - German carmaker Volkswagen is aiming for sales this year of 9.5 million cars, up from 9.3 million in 2012, Chief Executive Martin Winterkorn said at the Frankfurt car show on Tuesday.
The group also said brand sales in August fell 1 percent to 461,600 cars. That gives a year to date total of 3.84 million, a 3.1 percent rise on last year.
"The VW brand is not immune to the effects of the ongoing very challenging situation in world markets," sales chief Christian Klingler said. (Reporting by Andreas Cremer; Writing by Victoria Bryan, editing by Harro ten Wolde)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone