Turkish banks' Jan-July net profit up 23.8 pct -watchdog
ISTANBUL, Sept 10
ISTANBUL, Sept 10 (Reuters) - The Turkish banking sector's net profit jumped 23.8 percent year-on-year to 16.59 billion lira ($8.2 billion) in the first seven months of the year, the banking watchdog BDDK said on Tuesday.
The sector's loans rose 27.5 percent from the end of last year to 946.89 billion lira at the end of July, watchdog data showed.
($1 = 2.0266 Turkish liras) (Writing by Ece Toksabay)
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- Obama, Castro shake hands as world says farewell to peacemaker Mandela |
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Rare Singapore riot forces soul searching over foreign workers