European shares rise, Bunds fall on Syria report
LONDON, Sept 10
LONDON, Sept 10 (Reuters) - European shares hit fresh session highs while German Bund futures extended losses on Tuesday, with traders attributing the move to a report of Syria accepting a Russian proposal on chemical weapons.
The FTSEurofirst was up 1.2 percent at 1,242.78 points by 1121 GMT, just off the session high of 1,243.17.
German Bund futures extended losses to a session-low of 136.82, down 80 ticks on the day.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, nationalist leader resigns |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Alibaba surges on massive demand in trading debut |
- Special Report: Scotland stays in UK, but Britain faces change