South Africa's FirstRand has $1 bln war-chest for Africa growth -CFO
JOHANNESBURG, Sept 10
JOHANNESBURG, Sept 10 (Reuters) - South Africa's FirstRand Ltd has 10 billion rand ($1 billion) of surplus capital that could be used for further expansion into Africa, its chief financial officer said on Tuesday.
Johan Burger made the comment at a briefing following the release of the bank's full-year results.
($1 = 9.9795 South African rand) (Reporting by Helen Nyambura-Mwaura; Writing by David Dolan; Editing by Ed Stoddard)
- Target says data from 40 million cards stolen in November-December
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- As Modi storms into India's election, a quiet alternative emerges
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |