Remnants of Gabrielle have 70 percent chance of becoming cyclone: NHC
(Reuters) - An area of low pressure, the remnants of tropical storm Gabrielle, now located about 275 miles south of Bermuda, has a 70 percent chance of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said in its latest bulletin.
"The low is expected to move northward at 10 to 15 miles per hour, bringing it over or very near Bermuda on Wednesday," the NHC said.
(Reporting by Arpan Varghese in Bangalore)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea