Remnants of Gabrielle have 70 percent chance of becoming cyclone: NHC
(Reuters) - An area of low pressure, the remnants of tropical storm Gabrielle, now located about 275 miles south of Bermuda, has a 70 percent chance of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said in its latest bulletin.
"The low is expected to move northward at 10 to 15 miles per hour, bringing it over or very near Bermuda on Wednesday," the NHC said.
(Reporting by Arpan Varghese in Bangalore)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Ukrainian riot police clash with protesters in Kiev square
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Texas actress pleads guilty for ricin-laced letter sent to Obama