Kerry to discuss Syria's chemical weapons with Russia in Geneva on Thursday
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Secretary of State John Kerry will meet Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov in Geneva on Thursday to discuss Syria's chemical weapons, U.S. officials said.
Kerry said earlier on Tuesday that Lavrov was expected to send him Russia's proposals on securing Syria's chemical weapons for review by the Obama administration.
(Reporting by Arshad Mohammed and Paul Eckert; editing by Jackie Frank)
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
Thousands line up to say goodbye to Nelson Mandela, whose body is lying in state in Pretoria. Slideshow