Eight more countries sign Syria statement; total now 33: White House
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Eight more countries including Kuwait signed on to a statement condemning Syria for a chemical weapons attack on August 21 and calling for a strong international response, bringing the total to 33, the White House said on Tuesday.
"We welcome additional countries expressing their support for this statement and our continued efforts to hold the Assad regime accountable and enforce the international norm against the use of chemical weapons," the White House said in a statement.
(Reporting by Roberta Rampton; editing by Jackie Frank)
- India trims perks for U.S. staff in dispute over envoy's New York arrest
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia |
- The Fabulously Entrepreneurial Life of Ronnie Biggs