Russia calls U.N. Security Council meeting on Syria
UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - The U.N. Security Council will hold an emergency closed-door meeting at 4:00 p.m. EDT on Tuesday on Syria at Russia's request, the U.N. press office said.
The meeting is expected to focus on a Russian plan to place Syrian chemical weapons under international control, diplomats said on condition of anonymity.
(Additional reporting by Thomas Grove, Writing by Louis Charbonneau, Writing by Steve Gutterman)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video