Russia calls U.N. Security Council meeting on Syria
UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - The U.N. Security Council will hold an emergency closed-door meeting at 4:00 p.m. EDT on Tuesday on Syria at Russia's request, the U.N. press office said.
The meeting is expected to focus on a Russian plan to place Syrian chemical weapons under international control, diplomats said on condition of anonymity.
(Additional reporting by Thomas Grove, Writing by Louis Charbonneau, Writing by Steve Gutterman)
- U.S.' Kerry voices 'regret' to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Medical bills underlie 60 percent of U.S. bankrupts: study
- Mega Millions winning lottery tickets sold in California, Georgia |