BA to offer 'hand baggage only' fares from London airports
LONDON, Sept 11
LONDON, Sept 11 (Reuters) - British Airways said it would extend its cheaper 'hand baggage only' fares to flights leaving from London's Heathrow and City airports, following their introduction on short-haul services from London Gatwick in February.
From Sept. 24, BA passengers travelling without checked baggage from Heathrow to Amsterdam, Barcelona, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Paris, Rome, Rotterdam and Stockholm will get a 10 pound ($15.72) discount on the cheapest tickets.
The same discounted tickets have also gone on sale for flights from London City Airport to Amsterdam, Stockholm, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
The move comes on the back of pressure from low-cost rivals, who often quote lower fares, not including the cost of checked-in luggage, on their websites.
"If it proves as successful, we plan to roll it out across the whole short-haul network in the coming months," said Robin Glover-Faure, British Airways' head of short-haul business.
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Leaders gather, thousands sing in rain in farewell to Mandela |