Brazil to inject up to $8.7 bln into BNDES, source says
RIO DE JANEIRO, Sept 11
RIO DE JANEIRO, Sept 11 (Reuters) - Brazil's National Treasury is finalizing terms of a capital injection into state development lender BNDES that will allow the country's top source of long-term corporate loans to ramp up disbursements for this year and early 2014, a source with direct knowledge of the situation said on Wednesday.
The injection could reach up to 20 billion reais ($8.7 billion) and may be announced by the end of this month, said the source, who declined to be identified because the matter is still under discussion.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe eyes overseas hackers; stolen cards for sale online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter