REFILE-Dollarama profit jumps 20 percent as sales rise
September 11 (Reuters) - Canadian dollar-store operator Dollarama Inc reported a 20 percent rise in second-quarter profit as new store openings contributed to sales.
Net income rose to C$59.8 million ($57.8 million), or 82 Canadian cents per share, for the quarter ended Aug. 4 from C$49.8 million, or 66 Canadian cents, a year earlier.
The Montreal-based company's revenue rose 16 percent to C$511.3 million while same-store sales rose 6.2 percent in the quarter.
The company opened 22 new stores in the quarter, bringing the total number to 828.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions