REFILE-Dollarama profit jumps 20 percent as sales rise
September 11 (Reuters) - Canadian dollar-store operator Dollarama Inc reported a 20 percent rise in second-quarter profit as new store openings contributed to sales.
Net income rose to C$59.8 million ($57.8 million), or 82 Canadian cents per share, for the quarter ended Aug. 4 from C$49.8 million, or 66 Canadian cents, a year earlier.
The Montreal-based company's revenue rose 16 percent to C$511.3 million while same-store sales rose 6.2 percent in the quarter.
The company opened 22 new stores in the quarter, bringing the total number to 828.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone