South Africa's FirstRand promotes Burger to deputy CEO
JOHANNESBURG, Sept 11
JOHANNESBURG, Sept 11 (Reuters) - FirstRand, Africa's second-largest bank by market value, on Wednesday said it would promote its financial director Johan Burger to deputy chief executive.
Burger will start his new role on October 1, the bank said in a statement. Harry Kellan, now CFO of FirstRand's retail arm, will take over as financial director from next year. (Reporting by Helen Nyambura-Mwaura; editing by David Dolan)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South