United States, Costa Rica qualify for 2014 World Cup finals
(Reuters) - The United States and Costa Rica secured a place in next year's World Cup finals in Brazil when Honduras drew 2-2 with Panama in a CONCACAF qualifier on Tuesday.
The United States beat Mexico 2-0 and Costa Rica drew 1-1 in Jamaica in earlier matches but they had to wait until confirmation of the Honduras result to begin their celebrations.
(Editing by Nick Mulvenney)
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking