Medium chance of cyclone near Yucatan Peninsula: NHC
(Reuters) - A large area of cloudiness and thunderstorms over the northwestern Caribbean Sea and the Yucatan Peninsula has a medium 40 percent chance of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said in its latest bulletin.
"If the system remains over water, upper-level winds should be conducive for additional development later in the week," the NHC said.
(Reporting by NR Sethuraman in Bangalore; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |