Brazil July retail sales rise 1.9 pct from June
RIO DE JANEIRO, Sept 12
RIO DE JANEIRO, Sept 12 (Reuters) - Retail sales volumes in Brazil rose 1.9 percent in July from June, the government statistics agency IBGE said on Thursday.
Retail sales had been expected to rise 0.2 percent, according to the median estimate of 25 economists polled by Reuters. Forecasts ranged from a drop of 0.4 percent to an increase of 2.5 percent.
July's retail sales jumped 6.0 percent from a year earlier , the IBGE added, more than the 3.15 percent median estimate in the Reuters poll. Forecasts ranged from a gain of 0.3 percent to 4.2 percent.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |