Brazil July retail sales rise 1.9 pct from June
RIO DE JANEIRO, Sept 12
RIO DE JANEIRO, Sept 12 (Reuters) - Retail sales volumes in Brazil rose 1.9 percent in July from June, the government statistics agency IBGE said on Thursday.
Retail sales had been expected to rise 0.2 percent, according to the median estimate of 25 economists polled by Reuters. Forecasts ranged from a drop of 0.4 percent to an increase of 2.5 percent.
July's retail sales jumped 6.0 percent from a year earlier , the IBGE added, more than the 3.15 percent median estimate in the Reuters poll. Forecasts ranged from a gain of 0.3 percent to 4.2 percent.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as troops build up rapidly |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane