RPT-Fitch: Global economic volatility challenges Taiwan's resilience
(Repeat for additional subscribers)
Sept 12 (Reuters) - (The following statement was released by the rating agency)
Fitch Ratings says Taiwan's strong external creditor position supports its Long-Term Issuer Default Rating of 'A+', with Stable Outlook, and a sustained reduction in the government debt-to-GDP ratio would support the case for an upgrade.
However, the volatile global economic environment could challenge Taiwan's resilience and put strains on the large banking system in the event of a steep rise in interest rates or unemployment, although this is not Fitch's base case, a Fitch presentation at its "2013 Asian Sovereign & Banking Conference" in Taipei on 4 September 2013 showed.
The slide presentation is available at www.fitchratings.com or by clicking on the link below.
Link to Fitch Ratings' Report: Taiwan Sovereign Credit Presentation
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Polish president warns Germany of Putin's 'empire' ambitions
- F-16s dispatched for unresponsive pilot of small plane near D.C.
- EU wields Russia sanctions threat but timing vague |
- Pressure mounts on Pakistan leader to quit as protests continue