Greek unemployment rises to new record of 27.9 pct in June
ATHENS, Sept 12
ATHENS, Sept 12 (Reuters) - Greece's jobless rate rose to 27.9 percent in June from 27.6 percent in May, reflecting the impact of a six-year, austerity-fuelled recession, the country's statistics service ELSTAT said on Thursday.
The reading was more than twice the euro zone's average of 12.1 percent in July, and the highest since ELSTAT began publishing jobless data in 2006.
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- French launch Central African Republic mission but deaths mount
- Supreme Court to decide on patent protections for software