TREASURIES-Prices for U.S. Treasuries extend gains after debt sale
NEW YORK, Sept 12
NEW YORK, Sept 12 (Reuters) - Prices for U.S. Treasuries added to gains on Thursday after a sale of 30-year bonds.
On the open market, prices for the 30-year bond rose 22/32 to yield 3.812 percent after the auction. Prices for the 10-year note gained 13/32 to yield 2.864 after the sale.
The Treasury sold $13 billion of 30-year bonds at a high yield of 3.820 percent. The yield was the highest since July 2011.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |