US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St ends lower with mining stocks weak
NEW YORK, Sept 12
NEW YORK, Sept 12 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks slipped on Thursday, ending seven straight days of gains by the S&P 500 as a drop in precious metal prices dragged mining shares lower.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 26.03 points, or 0.17 percent, at 15,300.57. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 5.71 points, or 0.34 percent, at 1,683.42. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 9.04 points, or 0.24 percent, at 3,715.97.
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |