US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street flat after recent rally amid few catalysts
NEW YORK, Sept 12
NEW YORK, Sept 12 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened little changed on Thursday after a seven-day winning streak on the S&P 500 and a jobless claims report which provided little insight into the Federal Reserve's upcoming decision about stimulus policy.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 8.6 points or 0.06 percent, to 15,335.2, the S&P 500 lost 0.78 points or 0.05 percent, to 1,688.35 and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 0.346 points or 0.01 percent, to 3,724.664.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea