US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street flat after recent rally amid few catalysts
NEW YORK, Sept 12
NEW YORK, Sept 12 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened little changed on Thursday after a seven-day winning streak on the S&P 500 and a jobless claims report which provided little insight into the Federal Reserve's upcoming decision about stimulus policy.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 8.6 points or 0.06 percent, to 15,335.2, the S&P 500 lost 0.78 points or 0.05 percent, to 1,688.35 and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 0.346 points or 0.01 percent, to 3,724.664.
- Co-pilot spoke last words heard from missing Malaysian plane |
- EU imposes sanctions after Crimea moves to join Russia |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- China rejects North Korean crimes report, hits chance of prosecution
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data