STXNEWS LATAM-Brazil regulator approves JBS deal for Seara Brasil
Brazil's antitrust watchdog Cade on Thursday approved JBS SA's purchase of Marfrig Alimentos SA's Seara Brasil-branded Brazilian processed foods business, without restrictions.
The deal for Marfrig's local poultry and pork unit for 5.85 billion reais ($2.55 billion) in assumed debt was announced in early June. JBS is the world's largest beef producer.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote